Well, do you?
If you are interested in attaining optimal health, you will want to know how and where to find the best food available in your area.
You see, the quality of your health is directly related to the quality of food you put in your body.
How are you doing?
We believe that you should make every effort to find and consume the highest quality foods possible.
What does that mean exactly?
Well… local, sustainable, organic, and even seasonal if at all possible.
TRUST ME it is worth the effort.
Here is a page that will enable you to find the best food available in your area (for best results, check out each link):
Do You Know How And Where To Find The Best Food Available
Real Food comes from soil that is fertile, or animals that are consuming grass from that same fertile soil. It is really quite that simple. So, why “real food”?
- Extremely Fresh
- Supporting Small Farmers
Are there any other reasons to consume “real food”?
- Preserve Natural Resources
- Develop and Maintain Important Social (urban/rural) Ties
- Farmland Preservation
- Environmental Concerns
- Health of the Animals
So specifically, what does that mean for us?
- The FERTILE soil is maintained and improved
- The availability and quality of the water is protected and ENHANCED
- Our biodiversity is PROTECTED
- ALL workers in the sustainable food system have livable incomes
- The food is not only affordable but it PROMOTES optimal health
- Sustainable businesses are businesses that CAN thrive
- The flow of energy and discharge of wasted ARE within the capacity of the earth to absorb forever
What are some names for these “real foods”?
- Beyond Organic
- Certified Organic
Unfortunately, every marketer worth their salt has made sure that whenever possible, their “food” product is going to be labeled with one of these descriptions. In most cases, these food descriptions mean absolutely NOTHING! And even more unfortunate, our government isn’t stopping this practice. Big Corporate Money talks and OUR Health walks! Sorry. Finding these high-quality real foods may be difficult, but it is NOT impossible, and it is worth your while. Here are some tools to better help you find the foods that will help you attain optimal health.
- Interested in finding food in your area, including farms, stores and other outlets: EAT WELL GUIDE
- Interested in grocery stores, Co-ops, Farmers Markets and even Community Supported Agriculture: LOCAL HARVEST
- Interested in consuming grass-fed animals and reaping the benefits that comes with it: EAT WILD
- Interested in raw dairy from grass-fed cows and goats, and everything other product that might come from raw dairy: REAL MILK
- Interested in seafood, what to buy or avoid, what choices are best for us and the ocean: SEAFOOD WATCH
- Interested in knowing where your food comes from including farmers markets, farm stands and restaurants: REAL TIME FARMS
- Interested in knowing how food gets from the farm to your table; including ecological and ethical concerns: SUSTAINABLE TABLE
In all cases, or whenever possible, get to know the producers of your food source. If that is impossible, start asking questions where you are purchasing your food. If the quality of the food is not meeting your new standard ask the manager to do better, if they refuse, take your business elsewhere. If you don’t speak with your wallet this problem will NEVER be rectified. In becoming “The Healthy Omnivore” you must eat as the healthy omnivore would. How is that? By predominately eating the highest quality real foods. Can that be a challenge? Sure, it can be. But, isn’t your health worth it?
You can find the entire article HERE
I cannot stress to you enough in the importance in putting the best foods possible in your home.
You see the rising costs of healthcare? Guess why… you guessed it, we devalued the impact of high quality food on our health.
And now we are paying the price! LITERALLY.
It doesn’t have to be that way, if you, your family, or anyone you know is in need of getting healthy and staying healthy, I encourage you to check out our online health club. This membership site is affordable and easy to navigate, as it is primarily short videos brought to you via e-mail and computer.
By the way, have you signed up for your complimentary videos? Please do so and get started on attaining the level of health you deserve.
Any questions or comments on how and where to find the best food available? Please leave them below.
Have friends over on FaceBook? Get the word out about the “The Get Healthy Hub”! Thanks.